Recyclable 3D Printer Filament Made in the USA is finally here
- manufacturers are finally starting to take a stand and develop 3D printer filament that address the elephant in the room; the massive amounts of waste that 3D printing produces. Not just in the end users 3D printer but also in the making of the filament itself.As a USA based manufacturer MakerGeeks has seen this first hand,
each time a filament run is started, diameter is changed, color is changed and even spool size is changed there can be 2-10lbs of filament that must be thrown out until the machine is up to tolerance. Multiple this by 10's of thousands of spools made each time and you can see we have a problem of epic proportions in keeping our commitment to being green as an industry. Enter a new PETG resin that is now being used to make 3D printer filament
that carries the '1' recycle code meaning that it's 100% recyclable and is 100% inert when used in a landfill. Until now you might of thought of PET filament as being much to expensive
as most manufacturers are charging from $40 - $90 per pound however; Maker Filament has taken care of this by making this filament right here in the USA (a much smaller carbon footprint than importing from China by way to massive tanker ships)
combined with our buying power we can bring you this Green Planet PETG filament for under $25 for a whopping 2.2lbs (1KG)
... save the planet - save your money!! It's a win/win!!The Maker Filament PETG Difference:
Do yourself and the planet a favor
- 1KG Spool (2.20lbs)
- FDA Compliant for Food Contact
- (Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.05mm)
- Low to NO odor
- Carries the '1' Recycling Code - (AKA totally recyclable) PETG is the only filament that carries this code
- Consists of only Carbon (C), Hydrogen (H2), and Oxygen (O2)
- Our PETG is 100% inert when used for landfill
- Combustion produces only water vapour, carbon dioxide, and carbon monoxide
- Stronger than other PETG Filaments
- Near zero warp-age or shrinkage
- Heat Sealed With Desiccant
- Low moisture absorption
- Sourced and Manufactured in the USA
- Affordable - we make it, you save big!!
- Spool Diameter: 7.94" - Spool Width: 2.50" - Spool Hub Hole Diameter: 2.25"
and check out this great 3D printer filament - you'll be up and running fast with great parts, easy prints and best of all... zero waste!! Enjoy!!